Monday 28 March 2016

Who says I can't write a poem?


Coursera makes me do crazy stuff! 

I'm doing a course on poetry. For this assignment, I'm trying to use imagery to describe my phone. A terrible try, me thinks, since it's filled with abstraction. 


When I Look At You

The mirror of your face reflects what’s around.
The blackness reminds of a starless night,
Those battle wounds on your body of a soldier at war.
Dressed in dark clothes,
Even your borders are coal.
Pea-sized compared to others, but perfect for my palms,
Like a calf, and just as robust and strong.

The light on your forehead blinks purple.
The sieved speaker sings like a siren.
With a small dot in the front and a bigger one on the spine,
Buttons on the side, slots above and beyond,
You have your own identity,
You are my scratched, injured, abused phone.

Hard to live without you,
Distraction as you may be.
A friend and also a foe,
You’re a rope that sometimes binds and sometimes chokes.
  



No comments: